Monday, May 24, 2010

A tribute - 33 and counting
















This past Friday (the 21st) Luana and I celebrated our 33rd anniversary. We had a great time, nothing fancy but a lot of time together, and fortunately we still enjoy being together. So in light of this great event i thought I would post a little tribute to my wonderful wife. It may be a little difficult as my sweet daughter just did one for Mother's Day. So here it goes!





Anybody that knows the two of us would readily agree that I married over my head. Most people also wonder how she was able to stay with me for so long, especially the early years. I have matured a bit in more recent years. My siblings have forever been amazed at how she has endured me. Be that as it may, I knew early on that I had a jewel and I have not been disappointed over the years.





So what is it about her that makes her so special? She has always supported me in my decisions, has encouraged me repeatedly and has been my biggest supporter. She has allowed me to take the lead in our family and been incredibly submissive, while at the same time expressing her thoughts and ideas when needed.





Then of course she has been an incredible mother to our four children. It was just so natural for her and she loved every bit of it. And she still has such a great relationship with each of them - it is almost as if there is not enough of her to go around. It was such a blessing to me knowing that that part was taken care of. And now those same traits are coming back out as a grandmother (Mimi). Her grandkids just love their Mimi and she is happy to drive to Dallas every week or two to babysit them.





And to others she is the kind of friend everyone needs. She will listen to others for hours - she truly is able to rejoice with those who rejoice and to mourn with those who mourn. She always gives people the benefit of the doubt, thinks the best of them, does not talk bad about them and is optimistic to the end. I have never met anyone who did not like her.





I have never known someone who is as truly pure as Luana is. She loves Jesus and desires for others to do so as well. She is indeed the embodiment of the fruit of the Spirit - love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, gentleness and self control.She carries herself with true humility.





If I knew then what I know now, would I still marry her? In a heartbeat. I can truly say that I am a better person because of her in my life. And the more I get to know her, none of these attributes seem to diminish. It has been an incredibe ride and I praise God for bringing Luana into my life.

6 comments:

The Sudan Fam said...

well said, Artie!! congrats on 33 years!!

Tiffany Dawn said...

Thanks for sharing this. You guys are definitely an inspiration! :)
Blessings on your 33 wonderful years (and 33 more!)

The Lacys said...

wow! this made me cry!! happy 33. you both have been such incredible examples in my life.

ellen said...

Happy Anniversary to two of my most favorite people ever! I was at your wedding!!! What examples you have been to me personally and to my whole family. And yes, Artie, you are a very lucky man!
Love you both!

Unknown said...

ditto to what you said!
hope you are doing okay with her gone this week! :)
love you dad!

Unknown said...

She's the best--no doubt about that.