Sunday, June 15, 2008

Praying in Cameron

Well Saturday was a unique day for us as we had our first outreach as a lifegroup. Six 50+ers went out to Cameron Park here in Waco and had a picnic. We then split up and went 2x2's around the park sharing the Good News with total strangers. It is pretty intimidating for us old folk but I was real proud of our group. I was teamed up with Terry Anderson and we got to meet a lot of neat people. Actually most everyone we met was a believer but we got to pray for them and I think encourage them. I know we were strengthened and emboldened. It is helpful when you realize that you are not selling anything but offering for free the best news in the world.

2 comments:

bdmabry said...

Good job Artie! I can talk to strangers in the Dominican Republic, but talking to strangers in your hometown is totally different. Way to go! Betsy

Mama Jeannie said...

That is AWESOME!!! Praise God that SIX folks went out to share Jesus on the mission field of Cameron Park. I know God was smiling like crazy at your effort and He will bring forth the fruit, won't He? Blesings, J