Friday, June 20, 2008

Father's Day






This is an unusual mid week Blog but I just had to put something in about this past Sunday which of course was Father's Day. It normally is not that big of a deal to me, and this one I really wanted to play down as it was also Mary Beth's birthday. But my kids would have nothing to do with that. They all loaded up the car and made the trek down from Dallas to be here for the day. I had previously asked that they not get gifts but to write down what they see me doing 5 years from now. It was so encouraging to have all of them mention teaching in one form or other. I am so blessed with four unbelievable children. All of them love the Lord and are pursuing Him passionately. I feel that I have a great relationship with all of them individually and each in a different way. So it was a great Father's Day and I spent the rest of it thanking my heavenly Father.

1 comment:

Christy said...

we loved being there dad! and we love you! (but please - what a terrible picture of me!) oh well - love you!