Sunday, May 29, 2011

Nothing could be finer.....

Ft. Sumpter Cannons firing out


View of the fort from the sea





USS Yorktown






Boone Hall Plantation - the row of old oaks!!!









The Plantation house




















Luana resting on an old oak





There is an old song that starts out "Nothing could be finer than to be in Carolina in the morning; no one could be sweeter than my sweetie when I meet her...." and that is how I feel after my first visit to South Carolina. Luana and I went to Charleston last week for a much needed vacation and to see a little of Luana's roots (she was born there). There was so much to do so I am going to show pictures in several segments. Hope you enjoy!




The first day we walked around Patriot's Point which was near our hotel and where the USS Yorktown is resting. The next day we went to Boone Hall, the oldest continuing active plantation in the south. The view down the entrance with the old oaks with moss you might recognize from "Gone With The Wind". After that we took the ferry out to Ft. Sumpter where the first shots of the Civil War were fired. It was interesting.

No comments: