Sunday, May 1, 2011

Happy Birthday

Today is Luana's birthday (I will not say how many) and I wanted to take this opportunity to honor her. We have been married for 34 years and I continue to love her dearly (those who know her will reply duh - how can you not love someone like her). She is my best friend and I still love spending time with her. Now even in the empty nesting years we do not get tired of each other.
She has been a great wife, always supporting me in whatever I do and going along with my decisions. She has tirelessly cooked meals, shopped for my clothes, washed my clothes, ironed my shirts, gone to baseball and basketball games with me and so much more.
She has been an awesome mother to our four kids, both when they were young and even now as they are adults. Even when I was gone all of the time she did all of the work and never complained (at least to me). And now she is an even more awesome grandmother. All of the grandkids love their "Mimi". She is so patient with them and gives them her undivided attention, which I think is her greatest quality.
She loves the Lord and I can truly say that as in Matt. 25 she has been one of those who has done it to the least of these.I could go on and on about her qualities and exploits but she is shy and humble and it would only serve to embarrass her, so I will end by simply honoring her for who she is and thanking her for spending her life with me. I am truly blessed.

3 comments:

The Sudan Fam said...

Happy Birthday Mom! We love you!
- Jason

cheese said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ellen said...

She is all you said and more! Happy Birthday dear friend!
PS LOVED the picking out clothes part!!!