Sunday, November 14, 2010

In Laws

Two blogs in one day? What is this? Do I have too much time on my hands? Whatever!
Now I know that for a lot of people in-laws is a dirty word. Fortunately that has not been the case for us. I have always gotten along very well with Luana's parents and she did with mine as well. But that is not the occasion of this blog. I am speaking of the new set of in-laws we inherited when our kids got married. We have three sets now and I am pleased to say that we are blessed to have wonderful in-laws who love God, love their kids and reared them well. Of course for us it was relatively easy since we were friends with Christy's and Amy's in-laws before they even started dating.
This weekend Jason's in-laws, the Parks were in for the Baylor-A&M football game and stayed with us. Now we have always gotten along well with them but it seemed like there was always some major activity and we did not get to visit in a relaxed manner. But this weekend we did and is was delightful to spend time with them. I am so thankful that Jason has that as well as I am thankful for the Ogdens and the Marables. It makes things so much easier during holidays and with grandkids. Some holidays we spend together with both sides of the families, and we can share the grandparenting duties without feelings of competition. Just one more thing for me to add to the list of thigs to thank God for.

1 comment:

The Sudan Fam said...

it was fun hanging with all of us together-- thanks for hosting us!