Sunday, November 14, 2010

Essentials

My family and I occasionally send each other questions to think about and we have e-mail discussions about them. Recently, as a part of a study I was doing, I posed the question as to what were the basic beliefs needed to be considered a Christian. I received good input and I have thought about it a lot and here is what I came up with.
1) That God is (that He exists)
2) That He created the world (in whatever way)
3) That Jesus is the Son of God
4) That Jesus is fully man and fully God
5) That He died on the cross and was buried
6) That He rose again on the third day
7) That faith in Him is the only way of salvation
That is pretty much it. Now there are a lot more things that I think are important and we should believe, but these are the things that if you do not believe I would not consider you a Christian. I invite discussion and am open to changing my mind on a few things, but you will have to make a compelling argument.