Sunday, October 21, 2012

Baptism

     The book of I John says that there is no greater joy than to know that your child is walking in the truth. Well that goes for grandchildren as well. Years ago before we had any grandkids, the Lord gave me a promise that all of my children, grandchildren and great grandchildren to the 4th generation with their spouses would have a relationship with Jesus and would walk in purity. The corallary to that was that each generation would know Him in a deeper and fuller way than the generation before. Already I have seen that in my own kids who are all pursuing God wholeheartedly and are way ahead of where we were.






     This past Sunday our oldest grandchild, Jayden, was baptized by his dad, the pastor, in a horse trough at their church. It was an amazing time to begin to see the fulfillment of that promise in the next generation. I give all the praise and glory to God. I pray that he would be a leader not only to his other siblings but also to his cousins as well. Go Jayden!!!!

No comments: