Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Miss Nellie

     I know it is a little odd doing a blog post on a car but hopefuly you will see. I named my car Nellie when my brother and I were in Colorado and we did some 4 wheel drive roads, one near Nellie's Creek. Well this little butte just went over the 200,000 mile mark. She is 15 years old and has been the best car. I have had to do very little to it and most of it is still original equipment. But I do not want to brag on the car but on God. God, you might ask? Why God? Well I just feel that it is a blessing to have a car that has lasted so long and done so well. It is certainly not anything I have done (though I do do all of the maintainence that is needed) and there is nothing special about the Montero - it has not won any awards. To make it even better is that Luana also has a Montero Sport which is 12 years old and has 202,000 miles on it. So I want to thank God for this blessing.

1 comment:

ellen said...

I totally get this post! It is indeed a blessing. Gave the Tahoe with its 193,000 miles on it to Andrew and Megan about two months ago so they can add more to it while driving around Dallas. They drove it home 2 weeks ago for a wedding and I was so haapy to see it. I mean, happy to see them!
I am disappointed I won't be the one driving it when it turns over 200,000 miles!