Sunday, March 21, 2010

The Heart of the Matter
















It is closing in on one year since my heart surgery (CABG) (March 31st.) and I was going to make a post celebrating the event. I was also going to celebrate by going to Bush's Chicken since I have not had it since the surgery. Unfortunately, things have not been kind enough for all of that to occur. Starting about 4-6 weeks ago I started getting chest pain again when I would run or play tennis. It was a little hard to tell at first because your chest always hurts when you have it cracked open. I talked it over with my cardiologist and he suggested that we do a repeat cath.





I am a little bummed out about it all because I have really been a great patient. I take my medicine regularly, I eat properly and I have worked hard to get in shape and exercise often. That combined with the fact that we really don't know why I got CAD in the first place makes it hard to know what to do. I am ready to accept just about anything they may find except another surgery. Even if I have to give up tennis and running, I am ready to do that. My prayer is that I can learn what God wants to teach me, but also that I can grow more intimate with Jesus.





Everyone has been so encouraging and has been praying for me and I appreciate it immensely. I will put another post after the cath.





Enjoy the grandkid pics. They are what keeps me going.

2 comments:

Tiffany Dawn said...

I heard about the Cath last night from JO and will def be praying for you. Glad you had a fun wk w the grandkids!

ellen said...

We've been praying for you all day, Artie. Love you and the pics!