Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving
















What can you say about Thanksgiving except thanks. That seems so trite, but in reality that is what it is all about and as long as our thanks is to Whom it is due then it is okay. And I certainly have a lot for which to be thankful. We went up to Dallas where 3 of our 4 children live and had the traditional dinner at my oldest daughter's home. She is a good cook but really everyone chipped in and it was a real feast. She also is quite the decorator and all of the table decorations were so cute. We were blessed to have all four of our kids there which is unusual when 3 are married. It was also a little unusual in that we had Christy's in-laws and Amy's mother-in-law celebrate with us. Being good friends with our kid's in-laws is another reason to be thankful.










Well we did not just sit around eating and watching football. As per tradition, we got up that morning and ran the 8 mile Dallas Turkey Trot. I made it the whole way and felt good but was humbled as I was beat out by my two pregnant daughters. Yes you heard that right. In case you did not know, in addition to my one grandson I have two on the way. Amy is due at the end of April and Christy is due to deliver number two at the first of July. So yes I have plenty to be thankful.










The list could go on and on but I will not bore you with all of them (though I have mentioned them all to our Lord). The point is that it is easy for me to be thankful during this season of our lives. God has blessed us in multiple ways. But Scripture says that we should be thankful in all circumstances (not necessarily for all things) and to rejoice always. That sometimes can be a challenge and I hope and pray that as circumstances change, my thankful heart will not. If you find yourself in a difficult time right now, and have a hard time being thankful, then I have two thoughts. The first is to remember the goodness of the Lord. That is what the Psalmist did when he was down and defeated. Secondly, I would love to pray for you if you would allow that.










May God bless you and keep you and cause His face to shine upon you. Artie

1 comment:

ellen said...

What great pictures! I can't wait for grandkids!We are thankful for all of you and give thanks to the Lord for your years of faithful friendship to us! We are blessed!
Also, I am proud of you for the 8 miles even if Amy and Christy did beat you!